Specializing in Treating Factors Limiting Male Fertility
About 15% of all couples in the United States face infertility issues. And infertility isn’t only a woman’s concern — male infertility contributes to up to 50% of infertility cases in couples.
Helping you overcome infertility challenges requires a team approach, with female and male infertility specialists working together with one goal in mind — to help you and your partner conceive a child. At Orlando Health Medical Group Urology PUR Clinic, we specialize in diagnosing and treating men with infertility concerns.
Causes of Male Infertility
Several genetic, physical and environmental factors may lead to male infertility. Our team of specialists carefully evaluates and examines all possible causes and works with you to treat them, if possible.
Treatments for Male Infertility
Our specialists treat several types of infertility so you can start or expand your family. To ensure you receive the best care possible, we offer the latest treatment options available.
With in-depth research, our experts have developed new diagnostic and therapeutic options for male infertility. Since our surgeons have been patients themselves, our unique perspective allows us to understand what you are going through. We are committed to providing you the safest and highest quality care available while doing whatever possible to help you and your partner conceive a child.
We offer a full spectrum of treatment options for male infertility:
- Complete sperm analysis
- Electroejaculation (for spinal cord injuries)
- Intra-abdominal robotic vasal reconstruction (for men with vas deferens injury from prior hernia repair surgery)
- MESA (Microsurgical Epididymal Sperm Extraction)
- PESA (Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration)
- Retrieving sperm in men who have no sperm in their ejaculate
- Retrograde ejaculation treatment
- Robotic micro-TESE (Testicular Sperm Extraction)
- Robotic vasectomy reversal
- Robotic vasoepididymostomy
- Robotic vasovasostomy
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Testis biopsy
- Vasal reconstruction for congenital obstruction
- Vibratory ejaculation (for spinal cord injuries)
Why Choose Orlando Health Medical Group PUR Clinic
Our team is committed to developing new diagnostic and surgical treatment options for men with infertility issues. Our experts are recognized for several accomplishments, including:
- Our surgeons performed the first robotic-assisted microsurgical bilateral vasoepididymostomy (a complex vasectomy reversal) on July 25th, 2007.
- In July 2007, our group performed the first robotic TESE (a procedure to collect sperm from the testicle).
- In August 2007, our group performed the first 3D transrectal ultrasound to detect ejaculatory duct obstructions. Our specialists also offer unique techniques to overcome congenital (present at birth) obstructive conditions.
- In February 2013, our surgeons were the first in the world to successfully perform an intra-abdominal robotic-assisted microsurgical vasal reconstruction. Traditionally, open microsurgical repair techniques had very low success rates (about 20-30%). This procedure offers men with complex vas deferens obstruction a new variety of minimally invasive treatment options.